Terms and Conditions
You, the hirer, must ensure that a responsible adult is in charge at all times.
This person must :
- Be on the premises the whole time that the premises are occupied
- Maintain good order & take charge of emergency situations.
- Monitor the conduct of all persons present; ensure that they comply with the rules, Health & Safety and Fire Policies (summaries below).
- The premises includes the paved area around the building and the car park and any part of the recreation ground used in conjunction with your hire.
All or part of a deposit held will be forfeit as deemed appropriate by the Village Hall Management Committee or their representatives and a further charge may be made if necessary to cover relevant costs.
The Village Hall Management Committee will impose an extra charge if :
- They have reason to believe that the conditions of hire or rules have been contravened.
- The period of hire is significantly exceeded.
- There is any damage to the premises arising from the event.
You, the hirer must comply with the following rules:
- The relevant personnel must have the necessary qualifications, licences and insurances for the activities taking place. You may be required to show documentary evidence.
- Parties are by personal invitation only.
- Fireworks are forbidden both near the building, on the recreation ground and in the car park.
- Alcohol may be sold only by prior agreement and in accordance with weights & measures legislation (this includes supplying alcohol as part of the ticket price).
- There must be at least 1 appointed steward per 100 people. There must be at least 1 responsible adult for every 25 persons under 18 yrs.
- You must not exceed the permitted number of people for the room(s) hired.
- Keep the paved area clear for emergency access. Unloading/loading only, NOT parking.
- You must not bring any animals (other than service dogs) into the building without prior permission of the management committee.
- You may not fix or store any equipment without prior approval of the management committee.
- Do not fix anything to ceilings, painted walls, or the acoustic boards in the Main Hall; tape, blu-tak or easily removable fixings may be used to attach decorations to windows, doors or Main Hall walls. Pins and staples must not be used.
- Emergency exit signs must be switched on while the building is occupied.
- Any electrical appliances brought and used, must comply with relevant standards.
- Co-operate with other hirers in the use of shared facilities - foyer, kitchen, toilets, equipment.
- It is illegal to show DVDs bought for home use. You are not allowed to watch live TV or iplayer on any device plugged in as we do not have a TV licence. To use a mobile device not plugged in, for TV, you must have your own TV licence.
- Food served or sold on the premises must comply with Food Safety legislation.
- Do not use smoke effects - these will activate the fire alarm.
- Consider nearby residents - avoid excessive noise especially if windows or doors are open.
- In cold weather, keep doors and windows closed for the heating controls to work properly. Ensure that radiators are left turned on when you leave.
- Band practices or other noisy activity must cease by 11.00 pm on Sunday - Thursday and by midnight on Friday or Saturday.
- Any evening event must end no later than midnight.
- After use, put away tables, chairs and other equipment according to the notices.
- Take away as much waste as possible. Follow directions for bin use in the fenced area by the pavilion.
- Switch off any microphones used; the main hall induction loop to be left turned on.
- Clean & tidy the premises so that they are in a reasonable condition for subsequent hirers.
- Turn off all lights, close all windows, kitchen shutters and lock all doors for which you have a key when leaving the building; remember to check toilets & stores.
- Return keys immediately after the hire period.
You must read the Fire Procedure on the notice board in the lobby.
- Note the location of fire exits and break glass points.
- Keep fire exits and routes to them clear.
- Keep fire doors closed.
- Avoid use of inflammable materials.
- Avoid accumulating combustible material.
- Switch off and unplug electrical appliances after use.
- Leave fire doors propped open.
- Use unprotected naked flames.
- Leave the cooker hob on and unattended.
Health and Safety
Health & Safety legislation imposes duties on everyone as individuals.
All users of the premises, employees, volunteers & contractors on the premises must:
- Take care and responsibility for your own safety and that of other people.
- Comply with Health and Safety and Fire Safety requirements.
- Comply with VHT notices on the premises.
Anyone finding a fault, damage or other situation on the premises which might cause injury must:
- Take action to rectify it immediately if safe to do so.
- Inform the Facilities Manager as soon as possible (if unavailable, a key holder).
- Where equipment is damaged and cannot be removed to prevent use, place a notice on it warning that it must not be used.
- There is no telephone on the premises.
- Lost property will be disposed of if not claimed promptly.
- Cleaning equipment is available in the kitchen and chair store cupboards.
- There is a nappy disposal bin in the accessible toilet in the village hall - waste MUST be bagged.
- In the event of any defects or malfunctions of the premises, contact the Facilities Manager, or if unavailable, another key holder (details by entrance door).